Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Discovering Your Own Personal Style

Have you discovered your own personal style? If you look and feel confident in what you are wearing, you may have already determined what works for you. If not….please read on…
• Are you wearing most of the clothes hanging in your closet? If not, you need to have a spring cleaning. It will make your task of finding something you look good in and enjoy wearing much easier.
• Get rid of the old-fashioned clothes, the ones that don’t quit fit, and eliminate those that are showing signs of wear & tear.
• What are left are the clothes that you like to wear and look good in.

Accentuate your assets
• The foundation of determining your style is to identify best features. Sadly, most women ignore this step.
• Know you body type and what looks best on you.
• Once you have discovered your assets, select styles and colors that compliment them.
• Fashion and trends can be fun, but may not work for everyone. Just because something is hot, does not automatically mean you look good in it. Enjoy the trends but incorporate them when they compliment your personal style.

Trust your instincts
• When you look in the mirror and something doesn’t seem quit right, it probably isn’t.
• You will find yourself drawn to certain styles & colors because you know they look good on you.
• Still not sure? Don’t hesitate to ask for help.

Find Your Look & Own It
• Style starts on the inside. If you feel like a million bucks, you will look like a million bucks!
• Wear what you know looks good on you. Looking good and feeling good about your looks builds confidence and confidence is the best look you can have!
• Once you find your own personal style and own it, you can accessorize you outfits with jewelry that will enhance your signature style.

Need Help?
Send me a picture of your outfit and let me offer you a list of jewelry suggestions personally selected for you.


9 comments:

niartist said...

Lynn, I think that's a great idea - having people send you a photo of the outfit to get your great opinions on jewelry! We all know you're a fantastic jewelry diva extrordinare! I'm excited to see this take off! Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I need help, because I don't think I look good in anything right now. I am very hard to fit, and when I find something I feel good in, it usually doesn't fit my budget.

I love jewelry. Maybe I should just wear it! LOL

Jennifer said...

Wonderful suggestions and fabulous customer service. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you niartist, you just made my day :)

Pam, you sound like my oldest daughter. She says the same thing but; when I select jewelry for her outfit, she is always amazed how much it enhances her best features. As far as budget goes, we are all in the economic squeeze right now, so I developed the "gift boutique" with some elegant very affordable designer inspired jewelry at a fraction of the price.

Thank you Jennifer, customer service is very important to me and I strive to always go above and beyond.

Pink Heels said...

This is such a wonderful blog with great ideas!

I am a big believer in listening to your intuition. It is amazing how the little internal messages can be so accurate.

Unknown said...

Pink Heels you are so right! So many women are scared to try something new and revert back to what they are used to wearing. Hey, we may not get it right every time; but we know instinctively when we look good :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Over The Top Aprons said...

That was a great article; thanks for some very good points to conside.

The Muse said...

I am happy for you! And agree with Artie...let's see this take off! To the stars, yes? xo :)

Unknown said...

Great idea...how much simpler could it be with the use of digital cameras & the internet?
BRAVO Lynn!