Monday, February 25, 2013

Closet Organization Hanging Clothes


  There are endless numbers of ways to store you clothes and accessories. Here are a few of my favorites to share with you. You may not be able to make major changes to your closet; but organizing your storage is a great place to start. Some of these storage solutions I learned from my Mom, Grandma and from professional organizers. Today we will chat about hanging clothes

Hanging Clothes 

  I admit I am a bit or a hanger snob. I use only plastic or wooden hangers. They will keep your clothes hanging properly and from falling to the floor. Return your wire hangers to the cleaners or donate them to a thrift store. I use a variety of styles of hangers and each one is used for a specific function. I purchase most of these at Wal-Mart or Target because they always have them in stock and are not expensive. I am a firm believer that if I take proper care of my clothes, they will last much longer and save me money in the long run. 

· I hang all of my sleeveless tops and dresses on white plastic hangers that have the little groves cut out on either side to keep them from slipping off the hangers. The ones with the wire hanger on top, allows me to fit more on the pole. The all plastic ones take up a bit more room.
 
·  All my tops and dresses with sleeves, I hang on either one of these two plastic hangers below. Notice one has the non-slip grip.
 
 
 
 
 
 · For my skirts and and pants I use either of the two hangers below
· For my jackets and coats I use heavy wooden hangers to help keep their shape.
· Delicates receive special treatment. I use cloth lined hangers and usually store them in garment bags.
 

Something as simple as hangers, make a difference!



 

0 comments: